Stained Glass Boxes – Intermediate level
This beginner course will teach each student how to make a basic stained glass box by learning how to design, assemble and solder an individual project. The course will be taught over 2 days, with each day focusing on certain skills and progression of your project:
Where: The Hot Spot @ Rainbow Art Glass’ Warehouses
Age Minimum: 16 years old and up
Fee: $79.95 per student (Total for Both Classes)
**Stained glass box patterns and glass must be picked out before the date of class.
We will have a wide variety of pre-approved patterns available to choose from in our showroom.
Date: Saturday, January 26, 2019- Time: 10:00 AM- 2:00 PM
- A quick refresher lesson on glass cutting, tools, terminology
- Lay out and frame glass pattern
- Cut your pieces from your pattern
- Grind and foil all glass pieces
- Tack solder, and solder the top of the box
Date: Saturday, February 02, 2019- Time: 10:00 AM- 2:00 PM
- Tin all foiled edges
- Learn how to assemble box with tack soldering
- Finish soldering the entire box
- Learn how to create hinges from brass tubing/ and learn how to adhere ready made brass hinge
- Attach feet to box using either deco feet or ball
- Patina and wax to complete the process
Glass cutting experience required, come with your family, friends,spouses for a fun day with art glass
What to Bring: All of these materials can be purchased at our warehouse for discounted prices for students! (Feel free to bring your own tools if you already have them)
- Glass Cutter – Carbide Wheel
- Spool (1#) 60/40 Solder
- 1 Roll of 7/32″ Foil – Copper or Black Color
- Black Marker and White/Silver Marker
- Strip (6′) of 1/8″ U Zinc, Copper, or Brass (only need 1 strip, but any of these metals are fine)
- Approx 2 square feet of colored glass (scrap glass in our showroom is perfect to use
Materials Provided by Rainbow at No Additional Charge:
- Soldering Iron
- Metal Runner
- Grozier/Combo Pliers
- Liquid Flux & Brushes
- Foil Stick for Burnishing
Discounts on all products after the class or when picking-up your project (some exceptions apply).
Questions: Please contact our office at 732-681-6003. Enrollment is limited so contact us ASAP to hold your spot.
Cancellation Policy: Must cancel spot for class 7 days prior to the event for a full refund. If the spot is canceled 1-6 days before the event, you will receive a credit towards a future class. If spot is cancelled less than 24 Hours before the event, the deposit will be forfeited.