Stained Glass Repair Workshop (Copper Foil/Lead)
This workshop will teach students how to repair stained glass works by learning how to safely remove, re-cut, and re-solder pieces into a project. Our instructor will conduct hands on demos while answering all of your how to questions.
Where: TheHot Spot @ Rainbow Art Glass’ Warehouses
Age Minimum: 16 years old and up
Date: Saturday, February 17th, 2018, Time: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Pieces will be broken and repaired before your very eyes
- Learn techniques to remove broken glass
- First technique undoing solder with a hot iron and flux
- Second technique tapping out glass with a hammer
- Learn how to remove remaining foil and excess solder
- Discuss the differences between center repairs, corner repairs, or outside frame repairs
- Learn tips on cutting perfect sized replacement pieces
- Remove all old foil / lead
- Re-foil, re-solder, reattach zinc or lead and patina piece
- Re-apply cement to lead channel
Course Fee: $55.00
What to bring: Note Pad and Pen or Phone to Record
*Note: When using sign-up form below. Please click send twice and we will receive your information. Disregard the spinning arrows. (If you don’t hear from us during regular business hours, please call)
Thank you for you cooperation.
Questions: Please contact Justin Sanchez or Jay Silver in our office at 732-681-6003. Enrollment is limited so contact us ASAP to hold your spot.
Cancellation Policy: Must cancel spot for class 7 days prior to the event for a full refund. If the spot is canceled 1-6 days before the event, you will receive a credit towards a future class.