Stained Glass Sun Catcher Workshop
This beginner course will introduce students into the fun lively world of glass catchers. You will learn how to cut, grind, foil, solder and hang an individual project. This one day 4 hour course will bring your cute creations to life and add some color and character to your windows.
Where: The Hot Spot @ Rainbow Art Glass’ Warehouses
Age Minimum: 16 years old and up
Note: Patterns need to be selected and glass needs to be purchased at least one day prior to class. All other materials will be provided.
- Learn about all the tools/terms that will be used
- Learn how to cut glass using hand cutters
- Cut your pieces from your pattern
- Learn to use grinders
- Grind all pieces
- Learn how to wrap your pieces in copper foil
- Learn how to apply flux to your foiled pieces
- Learn how to solder your project
- Discuss about the different types of framing
- Choose patina color and learn how to apply
- Polish finished piece for take home
- Discuss finished pieces and any questions by students
Course Fee: $55.00 total
What to Bring: All materials can be purchased at our warehouse at discounted prices for students! (Feel free to bring your own glass tools if you already have them)
*Note: When using sign-up form below. Please click send twice and we will receive your information. Disregard the spinning arrows.
(If you don’t hear from us during regular business hours, please call)
Thank you for you cooperation.
Discounts on all products after the class or when picking-up your project
(some exceptions apply).
Questions: Please contact Justin Sanchez or our office at
732-681-6003. Enrollment is limited so contact us ASAP to hold your spot.
Cancellation Policy: Must cancel spot for class 7 days prior to the event for a full refund. If the spot is canceled 1-6 days before the event, you will receive a credit towards a future class.