Glass Blowing 100
Welcome to Glass Blowing
This 2 1/2 hour class introduces students to basic mouth blown techniques, inviting them to work hands on, either individually or with a team to create one of a kind projects. Students will learn what it takes to manipulate glass into a unique, finished product!
Day 1: 2.5 hours
- Introduction to equipment, tools, terms, and shop safety
- Practice using tools, jacks, punty, tweezers
- Demo snowmen
- Steps and skills on making a glass snowman
- Learn proper heating of the glass
- Pick up and apply ground color “Frit”
- Students go through the entire paperweight making process
- Transferring from the punty to the kiln via knock off station
- Demonstrate cold-working techniques
- Critique and discuss your work
Students per Class: 1 or 2 ***
Cost: $199.95/student (includes all materials/tools)
Date: Please contact us for available days/times
*** Pricing Details:
Private (1 student) – $199.95/student (total of 2.5 hours of 1-on-1 instruction)
Semi-Private (2 students) – $179.95/student (total of 4.75 hours of 1-on-2 instruction)
(Inquire on what days/times are available for these private lessons)
*Note: When using sign-up form below. Please click send twice and we will receive your information. Disregard the spinning arrows. (If you don’t hear from us during regular business hours, please call)
Questions: Please contact Justin Sanchez, Jay Silver, or Anthony Longo in our office at 732-681-6003. Enrollment is limited so contact us ASAP to hold your spot.
Cancellation Policy: Must cancel prepaid reservation 7 days prior to the event for a full credit towards a future class. If the spot is canceled 1-6 days before the event, there is no refund or credit for any glassblowing activities.