Professional Studio Rental
The Hot Spot glassblowing studio and cold shop are available to experienced glassblowers for rent. Rentals are taken via phone 732-681-6003 Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or booked on location for later date. All renters must have experience and provide a portfolio or website for review before being approved for rental. Portfolio must be emailed or dropped off prior to day of rental (preferably dropped off so our trained staff can meet with renter and do a studio walk through).
Sandblasting – COMING SOON!
- Furnace holds 135lbs of glass.
- 18” glory with pipe warmer.
- 12” glory with pipe warmer.
- Two gaffers benches.
- Color pick up ovens.
- Two annealers with inner dimensions of (24”x18”x 22.25”ea).
- Two – 24”x36” Marvers.
- Rolling Yoke.
- Jim Moore hand tools.
- Steinert Blow Pipes and Puntys.
- Hot Block wooden tools.
- Wet belt sander.
- 12” lapidary grinding wheel (120 grit) (400 grit) (resin polish pad).
- Engraving dremel.
- Sand blaster (coming early 2015).
- Etching cream and paints/ brushes available for purchase in main building.
- Rental price includes Glory Hole, approximately 10 pounds of glass per hour and one annealer space.
- Rentals requiring bulk glass or large commission pieces will be considered and priced on an individual basis.
- Pipes, puntys, and hand tools are available for separate rental fee.
- 2 hour minimum required for studio rental (bulk rental time will be available at a discounted rate).
- Rentals may be booked Monday-Friday between 9:30am – 5pm or Saturdays from 9:00am-2:00pm.
- If assistance on work is required, employees are available for rent (must be pre-approved before rental date).
- Renters who do not clean their workspace before the end of allotted rental time will incur a cleaning fee of $40.00.
Prepaid reservations must be canceled at least 7 days prior to the event for a full credit towards a future class. If the spot is canceled 1-6 days before the event, there is a $50 cancellation fee that will be deducted from your future credit. No cash refunds on cancelled reservations.
2015 PRICING SCHEDULE for GLASSBLOWING RENTALS:
18” Glory Hole
- 2 hours – $60/hour
- 4 hours – $55/hour
- 6 hours – $50/hour
- 8 hours – $47/hour
12” Glory Hole
- 2 hours – $50.00/hour
- 4 hours – $48.00/hour
- 6 hours – $45.00/hour
- 8 hours – $42.00/hour
– Includes 10# of cullet per hour
– Includes use of 2 benches and 2 marver tables
– Includes use of 1 annealer kiln (24”x18”x23”)
– 2 hour minimum per visit (if purchase volume hours, they can be used on various dates)
- Rental with Studio Assistant – $60/hour
- Cold-working equipment rental – $20/hour
- Tool Rentals – $25/hour (max of 3 pipes and 3 puntys per hour)
- Optic Molds (Small) – $9.00/hour
- Optic Molds (Large) – $13.00/hour
Please call Justin Sanchez if any questions or comments – 732-681-6003.
Anthony Longo – Owner
Justin Sanchez – Director